An exceptional problem-solver and communicator, you’re able to get straight to the heart of a client’s user and functional requirements - translating these into clear and comprehensive project artefacts that support the delivery of software solutions geared for maximum value.
You’re so in tune with client requirements in fact, that you can also represent them during the day-to-day running of projects - acting as a key liaison point for development teams as well as other departments to make sure projects come in on time, within budget and with all the features and functionality needed to succeed.
You possess vitally important collaboration and listening skills - but understand that this doesn’t just mean saying yes to everything. Instead you adopt a balanced, objective and professional view that allows you to recommend the best course of action, and invest in building a strong rapport with clients to ensure your recommendations are heard and respected.
If we’ve just described you down to a tee, then everything is in place here for you to thrive. We’re working on exciting projects for blue-chip clients that would make other companies green with envy. We’ve got a team of highly talented people who thrive in our challenging yet rewarding environment.
We’ve got a fantastically bright future. And if you can show us that you’ve got the following, then we’ve got a space in our team waiting just for you:
- A degree in a relevant area - for example business systems, computing, software engineering...
- Experience of software development, project management or solutions architecture disciplines
- An in-depth understanding of multiple technologies across disciplines
- Experience of Agile development practices and leading teams in an Agile environment (Product Owner and/or ScrumMaster qualifications would be ideal, but aren’t mandatory)
What you’ll do
- Determine project feasibility through investigational analysis and evaluation - establishing a project’s core values along with alternatives and recommendations
- Facilitate the production of timely, confident and traceable estimates to aid project accuracy
- Function as an effective Agile Product Owner on multiple projects
- Provide consultancy services both in the office and at client sites
- Support the Business Development team in pre-sales pursuits
- Contribute to process improvement across Box UK
- Stay on top of administrative tasks - including timesheets, peer reviews and self-assessments, action tracking, and reporting
Why we need you
- You're experienced in gathering and developing requirements
- You make high-quality decisions and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions when necessary
- You can play an active part in project leadership teams - delivering assigned projects to deadline and estimate
- You have a proven ability to manage product scope, aiming to avoid scope creep
- You can communicate exceptionally well - listening, writing and speaking
- You’re highly organised - ensuring that documents remain accurate and up-to-date, and completing core duties as and when required
And it’s good to know…
... that we only accept vacancies directly from candidates (no recruiters please), and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.