Your experience of Drupal technologies is extensive, and you have a portfolio of successfully-delivered projects under your belt. More than this though, you just love writing code. The web excites you, and you’re probably an active member of the development community - be it contributing to open source projects, attending meet-ups, or joining online discussions.
If this sounds like you, then Box UK is the place to be.
We’re looking for a talented Drupal software engineer to join our growing developer community - so if you’re ready to grasp a new opportunity, and can demonstrate to us expertise in the following areas, we want to hear from you:
- Experience creating and using custom entities in Drupal 8
- Experience using plugins, events, and hooks within Drupal 8 custom modules
- Solid understanding of RESTful Web Services and how they can be created and consumed in Drupal 8
- Experience in writing object-oriented PHP, including understanding PSR-4 name spacing, inheritance and interfaces
- Experience with Drupal console and Drush
- Experience with TWIG templating language and YAML configuration files
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Computer Science or related discipline
Familiar with the Symfony2 PHP Framework as well? Even better!
What you'll do
- Work closely with clients, subject matter experts and the wider project team in the development of database-driven websites
- Design, develop, and maintain web-based solutions utilising Drupal and other web-based technologies
- Effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Gear up quickly on new projects, work under tight deadlines and document your work as needed to ensure efficient and effective delivery
Why we need you
- You’re always talking passionately about web and mobile technologies - but never forget critical areas of web development such as usability, accessibility, information architecture and standard
- You care about the bigger aspects of development too - from frameworks to methodologies, patterns to interface usability
- You work smart - you’ve used code collaboration tools such as GitHub, and TDD, CI and IoC are not alien concepts to you
- You know when to innovate and explore completely new solutions - but understand there’s a time and a place for tried-and-tested approaches too
- You’re an analytical, driven and pragmatic problem-solver and decision-maker - and will enjoy demonstrating this to us
- You’re able to show proven, relevant commercial experience
- You constantly crave more knowledge (no matter how smart you already are), and will be willing to learn and assist with other aspects of the Drupal development process as needed
- Your verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are top-notch
- You can work in a team atmosphere with absolute transparency, stay on schedule, and produce results in a timely manner
And it’s good to know…
... that we only accept vacancies directly from candidates (no recruiters please), and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.