A creative problem-solver, you see every challenge as an opportunity. An opportunity to identify solutions that deliver real value for clients and help shape a project’s overall strategic vision.
With confidence and passion, you can then push these solutions forward to delivery; from crafting digital strategies through to researching, creating and communicating design concepts effectively to clients.
If this sounds like you, then everything is in place here for you thrive. We have an opportunity for a Senior UX Consultant who will use their expertise to lead projects through the full user centered design lifecycle of research, design and validation. You’ll be working on exciting multi-platform solutions for blue-chip clients, alongside our big, happy family of highly talented designers, consultants and developers.
Our future is extremely bright. Will you be a part of it?
What you'll do
- Conduct in-depth user, business and market research activities to interrogate the resulting data to generate practical and actionable solutions
- Deliver usability testing programmes using our dedicated in-house testing suite, remote channels, and on-site sessions - managing the process right the way through from recruitment to report writing
- Define content strategies, create user-centred information architecture and perform customer experience mapping
- Lead the creation of high-quality UX deliverables ranging from sketched concepts to interactive wireframes, in order to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed web and mobile interaction behaviours
- Keep the user at the heart of all design decisions by embracing a User Centred Design (UCD) approach that incorporates iterative testing, feedback and improvement activities
- Present your strategic and tactical ideas to clients and colleagues with a thoughtful, measured and persuasive manner, while listening and responding to their feedback
- Demonstrate thought leadership with colleagues, clients and peers; ultimately spreading knowledge within our team and helping our wider industry
- Support the business development team in pre-sales and pitching activity when required
Basic skills and qualifications
- You’re qualified to at least degree level in psychology, HCI or similar subject
- You have an impressive portfolio of great user-centred design solutions (ideally gained from working with clients at a digital agency or similar environment), and will enjoy demonstrating this to us
- You’re fluent in good practices for web-based information architecture and design, and have an exceptionally strong grasp of usability principles and techniques
- You have strong experience delivering user research projects such as face-to-face interviews, usability testing, card-sorting and tree-testing
- You also have a good understanding of visual design concepts such as grid systems, typography, visual hierarchy and colour theory, and tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Axure, Flinto, Marvel, POP and InVision aren’t alien to you
- You’re confident and capable in front of client stakeholders (of all levels) as well as end users - able to constructively challenge assumptions if needed, including when running collaborative meetings and workshops
- You’re able to tailor your approach and deliverables to ensure that the impact, timeliness and import of your decisions are clearly understood by all involved
- You can work to guidelines effectively, while also knowing how and when to challenge them
- You have an amazing eye for detail and show precision and consistency in final deliverables
- You can prioritise activity to ensure effort is directed to the most valuable tasks, and deliverables are presented at the right level of detail to gain relevant feedback iteratively throughout the process - helping manage both client expectations and project scope
- Your communication, presentation and storytelling skills are all first-class
- You can deliver a clear and comprehensive design critique - and are able to receive one too
- You know how to make efficient use of resources, both when working collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team, as well as leading your own projects
- You’re comfortable with a highly collaborative, iterative design and development process, in line with the Lean and Agile principles that sit at the heart of Box UK
- You enjoy learning new techniques and keeping up with the latest industry trends
It would be beneficial (though not essential) if...
- You have some knowledge of front-end development (including CSS and HTML)
- You've worked on projects across finance/FinTech, retail/e-commerce, membership or public sector industries
And it’s good to know…
... that we only accept vacancies directly from candidates (no recruiters please), and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.