Travel: subject to Covid-19 restrictions, frequent travel to client sites and Cardiff will be required as part of this role.
At Box UK, we have over 20 years’ experience of designing, developing and successfully delivering large-scale, user-centred digital platforms for ambitious, disruptive and innovative organisations across the globe.
Adopting an Agile approach that enables us to adapt quickly and respond effectively, we take pride in delighting our clients through the consistent delivery of large-scale enterprise websites and applications and our scalable, resilient and high-transaction award-winning systems.
We have retained an entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mentality, and are proud of the fun and inclusive culture we have created, centred around learning. We’re a highly collaborative team, continually striving to innovate and excel in everything we do to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience.
To keep growing and keep winning, we’re looking to add more great people to our team to help us drive our business forward. We are currently looking for an Account Manager to join a group of exceptionally talented and passionate individuals and contribute towards our continued success.
Being an Account Manager at Box UK
As an ambassador of Box UK, you are accountable for the retention and growth of client accounts, forming strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders as a trusted partner.
With a natural entrepreneurial flair, passion for digital transformation and astute commercial acumen, you work closely with clients to fully understand their brand, business and strategic ambitions and then coordinate internal teams to translate these into solutions that enable them to achieve their goals, add value and maximise revenue generation, whilst maintaining or increasing margin.
In this role you will…
- Develop and nurture effective, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, decision makers and executives.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of your clients and their customers, maintaining awareness of news, changes and business challenges to identify and road map opportunities.
- Lead the strategic account planning process to grow account revenue and margin, building compelling growth plans that capitalise on upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Own the contract and qualification process of account opportunities, to include contract value negotiations and approval of contract terms in accordance with company procedures and governance frameworks.
- Proactively manage communication, reporting and client account reviews.
- Provide accurate account forecasting against plans and targets.
- Ensure data is up-to-date and accurately maintained in Box UK’s CRM system.
- Motivate, support and encourage the project delivery team.
- Keep abreast of market trends and activity to anticipate future client requirements.
- Assist with the development of Box UK strategic initiatives to further our go-to-market propositions.
- Promote Box UK’s services using social media, face-to-face networking events and industry gatherings.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Interpersonal / communication skills: excellent communication and active listening skills with the ability to express yourself clearly and articulately, both orally and in writing. Able to build strong and effective, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Influential: persuasive and engaging, able to convey ideas, influence decisions and achieve ‘buy-in’ at all levels.
- Tenacious: driven and willing to do what it takes to achieve goals; never stops trying.
- Resilient: able to remain focussed, composed and optimistic in difficult situations and bounce back from challenging situations.
- Results orientated: able to focus on the desired result of own and departmental output and direct effort towards achieving goals and set targets.
- Decisive: able to integrate logic, intuition and judgement to make sound decisions based on input from others, relevant data and feedback.
- Self-starter: motivated, driven and comfortable working autonomously.
- Analytical problem solver: able to analyse and understand how different parts of a business work together at various levels, recognising the strategy and processes that define how a company achieves its goals. Able to identify information required and leverage available resources to solve problems creatively and provide effective solutions.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
And you will also need…
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing accounts within a software development/digital transformation environment.
- A strategic way of thinking that enables you to develop a broad, big-picture view of businesses, understanding competitive advantage and threats, industry trends, emerging technology and market opportunities, to determine the best value-add investment opportunities.
- A successful and proven track record of managing and growing accounts.
- A passion for digital transformation and awareness of latest technologies and market trends.
- Previous experience within an Agency, Software House or Agile environment is desirable, but not essential.
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic.