Being a Product Owner at Box UK
As an Agile Product Owner you’ll get straight to the heart of client, user and functional requirements – translating these into clear and comprehensive project artefacts that support the delivery of software solutions geared for maximum value.
You’ll be so in tune with client requirements that you’ll be able to represent them during the day-to-day running of projects – acting as a key liaison point for development teams and other key delivery stakeholders to make sure projects come in on time, within budget and with all the features and functionality needed to ensure that the project is a success!
In this role you will…
- Build strong and effective client relationships to achieve a full understanding of the project vision and core values.
- Determine project feasibility through investigational analysis and evaluation, identifying opportunities and making recommendations to improve the user experience.
- Clearly map out and articulate user stories with applicable acceptance criteria, and contribute to building and maintaining the product backlog.
- Collaborate effectively with internal UX Design, Development and Quality Assurance Teams throughout the project development stages to maximise product engagement.
- Facilitate the production of timely estimates to aid project accuracy.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within Box UK.
- Support the business development team in the creation of project tenders.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Interpersonal / communication skills: excellent communication and active listening skills with the ability to express yourself clearly and articulately, both orally and in writing. Able to build strong and effective, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Self-starter: motivated and comfortable working autonomously.
- Analytical problem-solver: able to identify information required and leverage available resources to solve problems creatively and provide effective solutions.
- Results-orientated: able to focus on the desired result of own and departmental outputs, set challenging goals and focus effort on achieving goals to set targets.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
- Influential: persuasive and engaging, able to convey ideas, influence decisions and achieve ‘buy-in’ at all levels both internally and with clients.
- Decisive: able to integrate logic, intuition and judgement to make sound decisions based on input from others, relevant data and feedback.
- Organised: able to prioritise workload and tasks effectively.
- Flexible: willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations.
- Tenacious: driven to complete projects to a high standard whilst meeting required deadlines.
- Resilient: able to remain focused, composed and optimistic in difficult situations, and bounce back from challenging situations.
- Attention to detail: thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
And you will also need…
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in a digital transformation, software development and/or solutions architecture environment.
- A degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline is desirable, but your relevant experience is the key factor.
- Experience of Agile development practices, and working in an Agile environment.
- Previous experience of working within project teams, managing scope and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- ScrumMaster and/or Product Owner qualifications are desirable, but not essential.
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast-paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic.
Take a look at our other vacancies