Being a QA Engineer at Box UK
As a key member of our Development Team, you will join the QA function helping manage the quality of our clients’ visions and drive ground-breaking technologies propelling the company’s growth.
Explore an opportunity for you to demonstrate a wide variety of skills and build upon them in ever evolving products, in a company where each project brings its own new challenges and rewards across a spectrum of technologies.
As an integrated member of a creative product team, with a commitment to delivering robust quality we can be proud of, your role will be to help embed quality throughout the development process as we produce software to the high standards our clients expect.
In this role you will…
- Collaborate within a skilled team to solve our clients’ problems.
- Work as the Lead QA on a project.
- Be responsible for quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Design, write and maintain high quality manual and automated tests in line with Box UK’s guidelines.
- Share quality metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Attend and contribute to project, team and client meetings.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within Box UK.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Interpersonal / communication skills: able to express yourself clearly and be easily understood orally and in writing, able to build effective, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Self-starter: motivated and comfortable working autonomously.
- Problem-solver: relish in tackling complex issues and offering creative solutions.
- Results-orientated: able to focus efforts towards achieving objectives and meeting targets.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
- Organised: able to prioritise workload and tasks effectively.
- Flexible: willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Tenacious: driven to complete projects to a high standard while meeting required deadlines.
- Resilient: able to remain focused, composed and optimistic in difficult situations and bounce back from challenging situations.
- Attention to detail: thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
And you will also need…
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in quality assurance.
- Practical knowledge of agile test design techniques within an agile environment.
- To collaborate in requirements analysis to base testing and quality activities around them.
- To be able to provide feedback to the project team throughout the development lifecycle using regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Experience with testing RESTful APIs.
- Experience testing responsive sites and applications across web and mobile applications.
- Experience setting up, designing, writing and maintaining automation such as RobotFramework.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git (and GitHub).
- Experience using diagnostic and debugging tools.
- To be able to follow a defect management process.
- ISEB Foundation/ISEB Intermediate/Certified Agile Tester or similar level of experience.
- Previous experience using Jira, Confluence and test management tools are
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic.
Take a look at our other vacancies