At Box UK, we have over 20 years’ experience of designing, developing and successfully delivering large-scale, user-centred digital platforms for ambitious, disruptive and innovative organisations across the globe. Our ambition is to become the number 1 destination for clients and employees, delivering scalable and dynamic enterprise digital platforms.
Adopting an Agile approach that enables us to adapt quickly and respond effectively, we take pride in delighting our clients through the consistent delivery of large-scale enterprise websites and applications and our scalable, resilient and high-transaction award-winning systems.
To keep growing and keep winning, we’re looking to add more great people to our team to help us drive our business forward. We are currently looking for a Solution Architect to join a group of exceptionally talented and passionate individuals and contribute towards our continued success.
We have retained an entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mentality, and have created a fun and inclusive culture, centred around continuous improvement and learning. We’re a highly collaborative team, continually striving to innovate and excel in everything we do to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Our values define us and underpin everything that we do. They are the reason our people give us incredible feedback about the culture we have created, and we are extremely proud of this. It’s our people and culture that truly sets us apart from our competitors, and we look for people who passionately share these values with us:
- Bring your A game.
- Deliver amazing experiences.
- Everyone is an innovator.
- Have fun and value the team.
- Own it!
Being a Solution Architect at Box UK
As a Solution Architect you are adept at engaging with stakeholders to understand and identify the best strategy to solve business problems. Having a clear vision for the project and a sound understanding of client business needs, you align strategy with technology to enable successful project delivery and maximise added value.
Acting as design authority, and measuring the impact of an overall solution in line with client strategic goals, you apply your creative and problem solving skills to envisage and demonstrate the art of the possible, translating project vision into specifications against which a solution is defined, managed and delivered.
In this role you will…
- Act as overall custodian of the end to end solution ensuring that the solution delivered through the combined project team meets the client requirements and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with project stakeholders, decision makers and executives to understand their key strategic drivers and the problems that need to be solved.
- Translate client needs into an effective solution design that follows a structured methodology and meets key functional and non-functional requirements, in line with good practice and Box UK guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with the client, ensuring an understanding of the architecture and design proposals.
- Drive the effective implementation of the design, providing motivation, support and encouragement to the project delivery team.
- Support the project delivery team in the ongoing measurement of impact, outcomes and outputs to ensure that improvement metrics are achieved.
- Act in a leadership role within the project delivery team, being a point of referral for decision making, supporting the team to break down complex problems and identify solutions and providing advice and guidance as needed.
- Develop strategies to identify, manage and control solution risks.
- Support the business development team in the creation of opportunity tenders and ‘proof of concepts’, driving and shaping solution thinking and leading estimation efforts to establish solution cost proposals.
- Assist with the development of Box UK strategic initiatives to further its go to market propositions.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Interpersonal / communication skills: Excellent communication and active listening skills, with the ability to express yourself confidently and articulately, both orally and in writing. Able to build strong and effective, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Analytical problem-solver: Able to analyse and understand how different parts of a business work together at various levels, recognising the strategy and processes that define how a company achieves its goals. Relishes in tackling complex problems by identifying information required and leveraging available resources, to provide effective and creative solutions.
- Influential: persuasive and engaging, able to convey ideas, influence decisions and achieve ‘buy-in’ at all levels, both internally and with clients.
- Decisive: able to integrate logic, intuition and judgement to make sound decisions based on input from others, relevant data and feedback.
- Self-starter: motivated and comfortable working autonomously. Motivates and encourages others to deliver high quality outputs.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
- Organised: able to prioritise workload and tasks effectively.
- Flexible: willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Tenacious: driven to complete projects to a high standard whilst meeting required deadlines.
- Resilient: Remains focused, composed and optimistic in difficult situations and responds to setbacks with renewed and increased efforts.
And you will also need…
- Demonstrable experience in a solution definition role such as Architect, Business Analyst, Product Owner or Senior Developer.
- Experience working with business and technical teams alike.
- A track record of bringing together people to solve problems.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Sound knowledge of cloud-native solutions.
- Familiarity with a range of architectural styles and approaches.
- Knowledge and/or experience of at least one enterprise-grade ERP platform (such as Dynamics, SalesForce, Sage, SAP, Acumatica, NetSuite, etc).
- Knowledge and/or experience of at least one data-specific domain: data governance, data architecture, data modelling, data warehousing, data science.
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic.