At Box UK, we have over 20 years’ experience of designing, developing and successfully delivering large-scale, user-centred digital platforms for ambitious, disruptive and innovative organisations across the globe. Our ambition is to become the number 1 destination for clients and employees, delivering scalable and dynamic enterprise digital platforms.
Adopting an Agile approach that enables us to adapt quickly and respond effectively, we take pride in delighting our clients through the consistent delivery of large-scale enterprise websites and applications and our scalable, resilient and high-transaction award-winning systems.
To keep growing and keep winning, we’re looking to add more great people to our team to help us drive our business forward. We are currently looking for a UX Designer to join a group of exceptionally talented and passionate individuals and contribute towards our continued success.
We have retained an entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mentality, and have created a fun and inclusive culture, centred around continuous improvement and learning. We’re a highly collaborative team, continually striving to innovate and excel in everything we do to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Our values define us and underpin everything that we do. They are the reason our people give us incredible feedback about the culture we have created, and we are extremely proud of this. It’s our people and culture that truly sets us apart from our competitors, and we look for people who passionately share these values with us:
- Bring your A game
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Everyone is an innovator
- Have fun and value the team
- Own it!
Being a UX Designer at Box UK
As a UX Designer, you’ll be an advocate for user-centred design. You’ll be passionate about helping users and our clients achieve their goals, and exceeding their expectations.
A creative problem-solver, you’ll see every challenge as an opportunity. An opportunity to truly understand clients’ audiences, identify solutions that deliver real value and help shape a project’s overall strategic vision.
You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable with all aspects of the design process, from researching user needs to defining and designing outputs to articulate your thinking and approach.
In this role you will…
- Put the user at the heart of client design and research projects without losing sight of commercial objectives.
- Produce deliverables to a high standard such as user interfaces, wireframes and personas in order to communicate design solutions.
- Deliver interactive prototypes using modern design tools.
- Test ideas early in the discovery process, providing the business with actionable insights.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative user research including lab-based and remote moderated user testing.
- Work collaboratively as part of a wider, multi-disciplined project team in an Agile environment.
- Communicate research findings and design ideas clearly; articulating the problems you are solving and adapting your style to a variety of audiences.
- Effectively plan and facilitate workshops with clients.
- Review design and development work against accessibility standards, making actionable recommendations.
- Define and measure success metrics to determine impact of change and inform future requirements to improve user experience.
- Work closely with our pre-sales team to identify opportunities to sell user centred design projects, writing proposals and pitching.
- Evangelise user-centred design and user research within Box UK.
- Provide thought leadership and participate in the development and realisation of the UX & Design strategy for the organisation.
- Contribute to the Business Solutions team project resourcing and achieve utilisation targets across the UX & Design function.
- Mentor and assist in developing UX & Design team members, including helping to onboard new team members.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Inquisitive / curious: able to ask questions to enhance and inform understanding.
- Pragmatic advocate: able to work across concurrent projects whilst adding value through practical methods to achieve project goals. Capable of advocating meeting user needs identified during research whilst balancing client business needs.
- Team player: enjoys working and sharing knowledge as part of a team, is solution orientated and co-operates to resolve problems and achieve goals collectively.
- Interpersonal / communication skills: excellent communication and active listening skills with the ability to express yourself clearly and articulately, both orally and in writing. Able to build strong and effective, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Self-starter: motivated and comfortable working autonomously.
- Attention to detail: enjoys delving into the detail of research and design to enrich design approach.
- Creative: able to think of new and different approaches to design solutions to align to user needs.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
- Influential: advocating user-centred design at every level of the business, able to convey ideas, influence decisions and achieve ‘buy-in’ at all levels both internally and with clients.
- Organised: able to prioritise workload effectively, taking ownership through to delivery and able to switch between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible: willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Tenacious / resilient: driven to complete projects to a high standard whilst meeting required deadlines. Pushes themselves and their colleagues to deliver required outputs. Responds to setbacks with renewed and increased efforts; is persistent and remains positive in the face of challenge.
And you will also need…
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience with an agency and / or in-house environment.
- Commercial experience practising user-centred research and design across a range of sectors.
- An understanding of user research, information architecture and UX design.
- Knowledge and experience of conducting a range of user research activities and interrogating the resulting data to generate practical and actionable solutions.
- Good understanding of user-centred design of interactive experiences and a solid understanding of user-centred design principles.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- To be knowledgeable about the limitations of underlying interactive technologies, and aware of platform conventions.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards such as WCAG 2.1 AA.
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast-paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic.