Translate software requirements into a well-researched technical specification that provides a central guiding reference for development teams.
Why invest in software design?
Increase speed and accuracy in software development by providing in-house and external teams with a clear blueprint that can be referred to throughout the project lifecycle. Box UK’s software design services deliver technical specifications, created by expert software designers, engineers and architects, that ensure all aspects of your solution are defined before development begins to avoid unnecessary project risk, complexity and cost and enable you to develop something far more advanced than an off-the-shelf product.
Whether you want to support rapid growth with a highly scalable infrastructure, innovate in your market with disruptive technology or diversify your services to meet new demands, all Box UK software design projects begin with a period of requirements gathering to capture your business goals and objectives.
Our software designers take a user-centred approach to that combines workshops, stakeholder interviews and user testing, we deliver all requirements as user stories that explain the reasons behind the inclusion of each feature to ensure information can be easily understood by stakeholders and streamline the decision-making process. By conducting analysis at this early stage our consultants acquire the insight necessary to produce plans that both meet your business needs and your technical demands.
Test and validate
Guarantee that your software design supports your aims by subjecting proposed solutions to robust and targeted tests in an iterative, low-risk environment. Highly experienced software designers and developers, research and assess a variety of platforms, languages and technologies, measuring them against the acceptance criteria provided by user stories to select only the most appropriate tools for your project.
The technical specification
Once your project’s vision has been defined our engineers translate it into a bespoke specification that covers both architecture and solution design considerations together with the findings of initial research and testing activities. Providing your teams with the information they need to immediately understand all your software solution’s technical requirements, as well as guidelines on how they should be implemented and notes on any areas that may require extra attention, this document streamlines the development process and keeps the project focused on clearly defined outcomes.
The right choice
- A strong portfolio of successfully delivered projects, technical specifications and prototypes, including personalised membership networks, massively scalable document repositories, secure e-commerce solutions, distributed video encoding and delivery, and real-time messaging
- An award-winning team of Agile software developers on-hand to support the implementation phase
- A dedicated project team from account director through to developer and tester
- Complementary services including User Experience consultancy, software testing and code reviews
- Get in touch with our team to discuss your software requirements and see how we can help translate them into actionable plans