Being a PHP Developer at Box UK
As a key member of our Development Team, you will play an important role in solving interesting problems on a variety of software projects.
In this role you will…
- Contribute to building new functionality and adapting existing software.
- Collaborate within a skilled team to solve our clients’ problems.
- Write high quality, well-tested code in line with Box UK’s guidelines.
- Participate in and undertake code reviews.
- Attend and contribute to project, sprint and client meetings.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within Box UK.
- Support the business development team in the creation of project tenders.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Interpersonal / communication skills: able to express yourself clearly and be easily understood orally and in writing, able to build effective, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Self-starter: motivated and comfortable working autonomously.
- Problem-solver: relishing tackling complex issues and offering creative solutions.
- Results-orientated: able to focus efforts towards achieving objectives and meeting targets.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
- Organised: able to prioritise workload and tasks effectively.
- Flexible: willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Tenacious: driven to complete projects to a high standard whilst meeting required deadlines.
- Resilient: able to remain focused, composed and optimistic in difficult situations and bounce back from challenging situations.
- Attention to detail: thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
And you will also need…
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a PHP Developer.
- Familiarity with coding standards (e.g. PSR-12).
- Experience writing tests using PHPUnit.
- Relational database experience using SQL.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git (and GitHub).
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector, Firebug and Xdebug.
- Software development experience with one or more of the following
frameworks is desirable: Symfony, Laravel.
as React/Vue/Angular) would be desirable.
- CSS experience, (particularly with SCSS/SASS) is also desirable.
- Knowledge of CMS-based development (e.g. WordPress or Drupal) would
also be of benefit.
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic. skills’ requirements of the role.
Take a look at our other vacancies