At Box UK, we have over 20 years’ experience of designing, developing and successfully delivering large-scale, user-centred digital platforms for ambitious, disruptive and innovative organisations across the globe.
Adopting an Agile approach that enables us to adapt quickly and respond effectively, we take pride in delighting our clients through the consistent delivery of large-scale enterprise websites and applications and our scalable, resilient and high-transaction award-winning systems.
We have retained an entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mentality and have exciting and ambitious plans for growth over the coming 12 months. To keep growing and keep winning, we need to add more great people to our team to help drive our business forward. We are looking for a PHP Developer to join a group of exceptionally talented and passionate individuals and contribute towards our continued success.
We recognise that the world around us is changing. We’re excited to embrace the opportunities that we have to recruit the very best talent to join our team and along with the option to base yourself in our Cardiff office, we can also offer this role as a remote working opportunity, if that’s what works best for you. So, whether you’re based in Land’s End, John O’Groats, or anywhere in between – we welcome your application!
Being a PHP Developer at Box UK
As a key member of our Development Team, you will play an important role in solving interesting problems on a variety of software projects.
In this role you will…
- Contribute to building new functionality and adapting existing software.
- Collaborate within a skilled team to solve our clients’ problems.
- Write high quality, well-tested code in line with Box UK’s guidelines.
- Participate in and undertake code reviews.
- Attend and contribute to project, sprint and client meetings.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within Box UK.
- Support the business development team in the creation of project tenders.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Interpersonal / communication skills: able to express yourself clearly and be easily understood orally and in writing, able to build effective, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Self-starter: motivated and comfortable working autonomously.
- Problem-solver: relishing tackling complex issues and offering creative solutions.
- Results-orientated: able to focus efforts towards achieving objectives and meeting targets.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
- Organised: able to prioritise workload and tasks effectively.
- Flexible: willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Tenacious: driven to complete projects to a high standard whilst meeting required deadlines.
- Resilient: able to remain focused, composed and optimistic in difficult situations and bounce back from challenging situations.
- Attention to detail: thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
And you will also need…
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a PHP Developer.
- Familiarity with coding standards (e.g. PSR-12).
- Experience writing tests using PHPUnit.
- Relational database experience using SQL.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git (and Github).
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector, Firebug and Xdebug.
- Software development experience with one or more of the following
frameworks is desirable: Symfony, Laravel.
as React/Vue/Angular) would be desirable.
- CSS experience, (particularly with SCSS/SASS) is also desirable.
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic. skills’ requirements of the role.
Closing date for applications: 19th February 2021