When it comes to PHP, your development skills are second-to-none. You have a proven portfolio of successfully-delivered projects. You’ve worked with high-profile organisations to produce powerful software that helps them achieve their goals and grow their business. And industry best practices are an integral part of your professional DNA.
More than this though, you just love writing code. The web excites you, and you’re probably an active member of the development community - contributing to open source projects, attending your local user groups, and joining online discussions.
If this sounds like you, then Box UK is the place to be. We’re working on exciting projects for blue-chip clients that would make other companies green with envy. We’ve got a big, happy family of highly talented developers who thrive in our challenging yet rewarding environment. And we’ve got a space in our team just waiting for you.
We want people that display a knowledge and excitement for web and mobile technologies - and if you also have experience in using the following technologies, we definitely want to hear from you:
We also adopt an agile approach for running projects here at Box UK. This involves sprint planning, daily stand-ups, maintaining the backlog, regular demos and project retrospectives, so if you’re familiar with these, so much the better.
Why we need you
- You're always talking passionately about web and mobile technologies - but never forget critical areas of web development such as usability, accessibility, information architecture and standards
- You care about the bigger aspects of development too - from frameworks to methodologies, patterns to interface usability
- You know when to innovate and explore completely new solutions, while understanding that there’s a time and a place for tried and tested approaches, too
- You're a driven, pro-active, pragmatic problem-solver - and will enjoy demonstrating this to us along with proven, relevant commercial experience
- You're able to work smart - drawing on your knowledge of code styling rules and guides as well as practices such as BDD, TDD, CI and IoC
- You care about the details - the positioning of a tab, the performance of a test suite, the beauty of a perfectly indented method
- You constantly crave more knowledge (no matter how smart you already are)
- You contribute everywhere - to your project team, the production team and outside of the office - and are happy to share your knowledge through a tech talk or blog post
And it’s good to know…
... that we only accept vacancies directly from candidates (no recruiters please), and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.