At Box UK, we have over 20 years’ experience of designing, developing and successfully delivering large-scale, user-centred digital platforms for ambitious, disruptive and innovative organisations across the globe.
Adopting an Agile approach that enables us to adapt quickly and respond effectively, we take pride in delighting our clients through the consistent delivery of large-scale enterprise websites and applications and our scalable, resilient and high-transaction award-winning systems.
We have retained an entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mentality and have exciting and ambitious plans for growth over the coming 12 months. To keep growing and keep winning, we need to add more great people to our team to help drive our business forward. We are looking for a Head of Marketing to join a group of exceptionally talented and passionate individuals and contribute towards our continued success.
We recognise that the world around us is changing. We’re excited to embrace the opportunities that we have to recruit the very best talent to join our team and along with the option to base yourself in our Cardiff office, we can also offer this role as a remote working opportunity, if that’s what works best for you. So, whether you’re based in Land’s End, John O’Groats, or anywhere in between – we welcome your application!
Being the Head of Marketing at Box UK
As Box UK’s Head of Marketing, everything you do is focussed on delivering results for Box UK and, with your outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills, you build strong, collaborative relationships both within and outside of the business, to support you in this goal.
You are highly motivated, driven and self-starting. Acutely commercially-aware, you confidently and articulately present your ideas to executive leadership, play a central role in supporting the development of overarching business strategy and use your significant marketing expertise to develop appropriate and successful marketing strategies that directly contribute towards revenue growth targets and increase brand awareness.
In this role you will…
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plans, campaigns and tactics to deliver the commercial goals of Box UK, including increased brand awareness, lead generation and revenue growth.
- Report departmental progress to the leadership team, including, but not limited to, lead generation targets and campaign ROI.
- Analyse strategic initiatives and campaign performance to monitor effectiveness and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop innovative and creative marketing strategies that leverage best industry practice, to connect and engage with target customers.
- Manage the effective performance of external agency partners, in line with contract delivery requirements and SLAs.
- Oversee the design of all marketing outputs, ensuring alignment with corporate brand guidelines and customer value proposition.
- Undertake regular reviews of the external competitive environment to identify new trends, risks and opportunities within the market.
- Own and manage the marketing budget, ensuring optimisation to drive revenue growth.
- Develop strong and collaborative internal relationships with the business development and client services teams, to support delivery of goals and client retention targets.
- Effectively plan the resource requirements for the marketing department, prioritising areas of activity.
- Drive on-going engagement throughout the business, ensuring that people are fully aware of and committed to achieving departmental objectives.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing employee onboarding, reviewing and evaluating performance and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within Box UK.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Interpersonal / communication skills: excellent communication and active listening skills with the ability to express yourself clearly and articulately, both orally and in writing. Able to build strong and effective, collaborative professional relationships and motivate and inspire others to achieve results.
- Self-starter: motivated, driven and comfortable working autonomously.
- Analytical problem solver: able to identify information required and leverage available resources to solve problems creatively and provide effective solutions. Able to analyse and understand customer, market data and campaign performance ROI to drive continuous improvements.
- Results-orientated: able to demonstrate a clear focus on the desired results of own and departmental outputs. Effectively directs efforts and resources towards delivering business objectives.
- Commercial awareness: able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the importance of aligning departmental strategy to overall company strategic goals, to drive company growth and profitability.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, proactively identifying, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
- Influential: persuasive and engaging, able to convey ideas, influence
decisions and achieve ‘buy-in’ at all levels both, internally and externally.
- Decisive: able to integrate logic, intuition and judgement to make sound decisions based on input from others, relevant data and feedback.
- Organised: able to prioritise own and departmental workload and tasks effectively to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.
- Flexible: willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Tenacious: driven to complete tasks to a high standard whilst meeting required deadlines.
- Resilient: able to remain focussed, composed and optimistic in difficult situations and bounce back from challenging situations.
- Attention to detail: thorough and meticulous in accomplishing tasks through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
And you will also need…
- Proven success in a B2B senior marketing management role, within a software or agency environment (minimum 5 years).
- Demonstrable experience of developing and executing strategic B2B marketing plans to achieve desired outcomes and deliver business growth.
- Proven capability across both online and offline marketing channels.
- Proven success of delivering results from a diverse team of internal and external employees and agency partners
- The ability to successfully operate in a role that encompasses both strategic, big picture thinking and hands-on marketing activity.
- A degree / qualifications in Marketing and related fields is desirable, but not essential. Relevant experience and proven success are the key factors.
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic.