Travel: Subject to Covid-19 restrictions, frequent travel to prospect / client sites and Cardiff Head Office will be required as part of this role.
At Box UK, we have over 20 years’ experience of designing, developing and successfully delivering large-scale, user-centred digital platforms for ambitious, disruptive and innovative organisations across the globe.
Adopting an Agile approach that enables us to adapt quickly and respond effectively, we take pride in delighting our clients through the consistent delivery of large-scale enterprise websites and applications and our scalable, resilient and high-transaction award-winning systems.
To keep growing and keep winning, we’re looking to add more great people to our team to help us drive our business forward. We are currently looking for a New Business Engagement Manager to join a group of exceptionally talented and passionate individuals and contribute towards our continued success.
We have retained an entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mentality, and have created a fun and inclusive culture, centred around continuous improvement and learning. We’re a highly collaborative team, continually striving to innovate and excel in everything we do to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Our values define us and underpin everything that we do. They are the reason our people give us incredible feedback about the culture we have created, and we are extremely proud of this. It’s our people and culture that truly sets us apart from our competitors, and we look for people who passionately share these values with us:
- Bring your A game.
- Deliver amazing experiences.
- Everyone is an innovator.
- Have fun and value the team.
- Own it!
Being a New Business Engagement Manager at Box UK
As a commercially-minded, ambitious, and results-oriented New Business Engagement Manager, you are laser-focused on the continual growth and expansion of Box UK. With your outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills, you are able to quickly build rapport and establish credibility with prospective clients at executive level, to support you in achieving this goal.
You’ll take ownership of the entire sales cycle for inbound opportunities, from lead qualification through to closing. Driven by a passion to succeed and a tenacity to win, you have the ability to successfully coordinate internal teams in the development of RFQs, tenders, pitches and presentations that convert leads into opportunities, and opportunities into clients.
In this role you will….
- Take ownership of the entire sales cycle for inbound opportunities, from lead qualification through to closing.
- Manage the lead qualification process of prospective inbound leads, in accordance with the qualification framework.
- Take ownership of prospecting for leads and opportunities through Box UK’s strategic partnership networks.
- Rapidly interpret prospect requirements and coordinate internal teams to construct client-centric commercial offers and proposals, in line with revenue and profitability pricing strategies.
- Lead and negotiate commercial terms with potential clients.
- Be self-motivated and self-managing in achieving and exceeding KPIs and targets.
- Manage the evaluation and review of both successful and unsuccessful RFQs and proposals to retain competitive advantage.
- Use Box UK’s CRM to accurately capture information, track progress, report delivery against targets, and provide accurate future forecasting and predictability of new and existing opportunities.
- Support the marketing team, working collaboratively on strategies that will help identify and engage target prospects.
- Keep abreast of market trends and competitor activity, anticipating future client requirements to ensure that competitive advantage and differentiation are maintained.
- Act as an ambassador of Box UK, providing thought leadership and embodying our culture, values and behaviours.
- Identify and attend industry events that increase brand awareness and promote commercial opportunities.
- Provide specialist guidance and support in your area of expertise, acting as a mentor and coach to team members.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within Box UK.
For this role the following skills are essential…
- Interpersonal / communication skills: excellent communication and active listening skills with the ability to express yourself clearly and articulately, both orally and in writing. Able to build strong and effective, collaborative professional relationships and motivate and inspire others to achieve results.
- Influential: persuasive and engaging, able to convey ideas, influence decision makers and achieve ‘buy-in’ at all levels, in both the internal and external environments.
- Tenacious: driven and willing to do what it takes to achieve goals and targets, never gives up and never stops trying.
- Resilient: able to remain focused, composed and optimistic in difficult situations and bounce back from challenging situations.
- Results-orientated: able to focus on the desired result of own and departmental output, and direct efforts and resources to ensure that targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Commercially astute: able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the importance of aligning departmental strategy and personal targets / goals with overall company strategic goals, to drive company growth and profitability.
- Decisive: able to integrate logic, intuition and judgement to make sound decisions based on input from others, relevant data and feedback.
- Self-starter: motivated, driven and comfortable working autonomously.
- Analytical problem-solver: able to identify the information required and leverage available resources, to solve problems creatively and provide effective solutions. Able to analyse and understand client and market data and trends to drive competitive advantage.
- Innovative: open to different and new ways of doing things, developing and supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, processes, technologies and ways of working.
And you will also need…
- Proven success in a B2B business development role, within a software or agency environment (minimum 5 years).
- A demonstrable track record of high performance, placing emphasis on achieving results over activity.
- A proven ability to achieve / exceed targets over an extended period of time.
- A strategic way of thinking that enables you to develop a broad, big-picture view of businesses, understanding competitive advantage and threats, industry trends, emerging technology and market opportunities, to determine the best value-add investment opportunities.
- A passion for digital transformation and awareness of latest technologies and market trends.
And in return…
You will enjoy a competitive salary, commission scheme and comprehensive benefits package.
We recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, reinforcing our culture of ownership. We understand the importance of personal growth and professional development and invest in the skills of our people to nurture their talent. Our working environment is fast paced, exciting and fun to work in.
We are an inclusive employer that welcomes diversity, challenges discrimination and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic.